I am looking into student’s opinions on college-level math education. I will be compiling a number of short interviews with students and editing them together into a video with the trends. I am guessing that students prefer a 1:1 learning environment and students who are successful work in groups and use free online rescources. Anyone who is interested in helping can email a video to John.Schroeder@maine.edu with a short (2 min total) response to the following questions:
1) Highest level math taken and gpa
2) Can anyone learn high level math?
3) How often are you/were you confused in math or science classes?
4) What is your favorite math-help website?
5) Rank the following rescources: lecture, office hours, internet, calculator, friends/groupwork, textbook
6) What is your ideal learning environment?
7) Any other comments are great!